West Feliciana Parish needs you!
Each election, the clerk of court’s elections department must staff and manage various polling locations in neighborhoods throughout West Feliciana Parish. This requires the work and commitment of numerous election commissioners who must be trained to manage the complexities of the voting process.
Election commissioners are essential to the success of any election, but in West Feliciana Parish there are never enough capable, committed residents willing to do their civic duty and work as a Poll Worker on Election Day. It is vital that more citizens participate in the electoral process at the precinct level.
Elections cannot be successful without active citizen participation. The elections department encourages all citizens of Jefferson Parish to get involved in making sure YOUR elections are run as effectively and efficiently as possible.
To be an election commissioner, one must:
- Be a registered voter who does not require assistance in voting;
- Not have been convicted of an election offense enumerated in Chapter 10, Title 18 La. R.S.;
- Attend a training course and pass a test.
- An election commissioner receives:
- A stipend of $200.00;
- A great opportunity to support his/her community;
- CONFIDENCE THAT HE/SHE IS MAKING A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN WEST FELICIANA PARISH.
For information please contact WEST FELICIANA PARISH CLERK OF COURT OFFICE at 635-3794. Your parish is counting on you!
West Feliciana Parish
PO Box 1843
4785 Prosperity St.
St. Francisville, LA 70775